Sunday, 5 May 2013

WEEK 5: A BATTLE BETWEEN MYSELF & NEW QUEST IN TEACHING-LEARNING

Another great week with lots of tasks & assignments!!

But Alas!!  It is a great matter of sorrow that in the very beginning of the week, on Sunday evening, my husband has got a mild heart attack (MI) & hospitalized in Critical Coronary Unit (CCU) which after four days treatment, again turned to a major stroke (Shock) on Thursday & doctors has given him treatment on Life support Medicines & instruments. In the meantime, in the hospital, I have done the tasks of Ist half of the week very hurriedly with lots of anxieties.


Alhamdulliah, now, today he is a little bit well but he needs NGEOGRAM for next treatment. I don’t know what a stress I had & have to endure and pass a great tough day!!
This week was also full of reading materials & tasks on the great expected PBL (Project Based Learning), Web Quest, Create Rubrics, Project task with new technology & finally post the all reflections on Blog page.


The reading article on Assessing Learning about Alternative Assessment is very helpful & effective for both teachers & students. Alternative assessment uses activities that reveal what students can do with language, emphasizing their strengths instead of their weaknesses.

Alternative assessment instruments are not only designed and structured differently from traditional tests, but are also graded or scored differently. Because alternative assessment is performance based, it helps instructors emphasize that the point of language learning is communication for meaningful purposes. They involve interaction between assessor (instructor, peers, self) and person assessed. They allow for self-evaluation and self-correction as they proceed.


To be honest, even though the project-based learning is definitely an approach, teachers should implement for the sake of students to learn by researching, understanding & so on, it is really a great treasure of learning by using technology.


I’ve created two rubrics on Web site Design & (http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php?screen=ShowRubric&rubric_id=2318336&)  on Oral Debate (http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php?screen=ShowRubric&rubric_id=2318348&) in rubistar link & finally added the URL to the wiki rubric page. Both are wonderful & effective.


Any how, I can’t share more today. I have to stop & I will try to do better in future.

Please, Pray for my husband’s getting well soon.


10 comments:

  1. I admire you for your dedication to the task accomplishment. I am sure that you have gone through hard days coping with the difficult situation. I am praying that your husband will get better soon.

    Alternative assessment is more learner-centered with learners assessed from the point of communication. I think it is significant for teachers to have in mind that the language learning is communication for meaningful purposes. Sometimes I forget to try to find students’ strong points, paying too much attention to teaching something.

    I enjoyed creating my rubrics. The site I used is very interesting and helpful.
    In implementing rubrics, I need to think about goals more carefully. I should consider students’ level as well.

    Sawako

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hasina,

    You are such a strong woman! I admire your perseverance and fortitude. May your husband recover soon.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sawako

    Thanks a lot for your great concern. I am trying to cope with the time with my heartiest effort. Yes, I do agree with you that Alternative assessment is more learner-centred with learners assessed from the point of communication.

    I am still beside my husband’s bed and sharing with you.

    Thank you again.

    Mukta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anna

    Thank you for your kind notice on me. I am really passing a hard time and want to continue the Web Course with my all E=teachers. Stay blessed.

    Mukta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Hasina!

    I am so proud of having an energetic and optimistic e-colleague like you. Despite all difficulties you could keep your chin up! Well done!

    I browsed your rubrics. They look great. It shows your enthusiasm and responsibility for your job! I wish you many many many achievements!

    And the most important MAY GOD BLESS YOUR HUSBAND AND YOU, TOO!!!

    Take care!!!

    Sincerely

    Gulnar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gulnar,

      Love your comment & really feel sooth. I am passing very hard time. Thanks a lot dear.

      Delete
  6. Dear Mukta,

    I am so sorry for your husband's illness and the stress I know that you are experiencing.

    Many years ago, my husband had a heart attack and subsequent heart surgery. I know how terrible these day are for you (and him).

    I'm so, so sorry.

    I hope he recovers his health quickly and that your life returns to normal.

    I agree with Gulnar. It's amazing that you are keeping up with the course! You are amazing!!

    All my best (and I'm sending you and a giant hug).

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Donna

      Thanks a lot. Really its so terrible to pass every moment in my life along with all these worries. Still he is in the hospital as I am waiting for his Open heart surgery on 19 May. Please, pray for him.

      Delete
  7. Hello Hasina!

    I'm so sorry about hearing about your husband's condition. I wish you all the strength that you need at the moment and in the near future in taking care of him and yourself. Remember that you have to take care of yourself to be able to help and support others near you!

    Hugs!

    Tuula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tuula

      Thank you too for your great concern. Yes, I am trying hard to cope with the situation, pls, pray for my husband.

      Delete